Did you know that most New Year’s resolutions, despite all of our good intention never happen?
In fact according to Forbes just 8% of people achieve their resolutions.
The Top American Resolutions are as follows:
21% Weight loss
14% Improve finances
10% Get a new job
7% Healthier eating
5% Manage stress better
5% Stop/reduce smoking
5% Improve a relationship
3% Stop procrastinating
3% Set time aside for self
3% Start a new activity/hobby
2% Improve my work habits
2% Stop/reduce drinking alcohol
1% Assertion/learn to say no
Do any of these ring true with you?
Would you like to achieve positive change in any area of your life in 2015?
Well…I am here to help ! Through my own personal journey and by putting many of my learnings into action I now know that I can do, be or have ANYTHING I want in life – WOW how amazing is that!
Every January I make my new Vision Board for the 12 month ago ahead with I absolutely love the process because as I am listing down my goals and finding pictures and images to match what I was to achieve I absolutely KNOW with every inch of my being that my goals are going to come true !
You see a Vision Board is a tangible map of your future, it is a tool you can use firstly to define your goals and then keep yourself honest and on track to achieving those goals.
Here are some soul searching questions you can ponder while working out what you want to put on your 2015 Vision Board
1. What is my life’s purpose – we are all here for purpose to share our unique talents and gifts with the world – what is your life’s purpose? Some clues will lie in thinking about what you are passionate about.
2. What are my dreams?
3. Then what are my goals?
4. What am I grateful for in life?
5. What makes me happy?
6. What is something I have always wanted to do?
6. Where would I like to travel
7. What career would I ideally choose for myself?
8. What are my financial goals?
9. How can I give back in my community?
10. Which causes or charities would I like to be more involved with?
11. If I could change the world, how would I make it a better place?
Arm yourself with a scissors, gluestick, pictures and images you want to put on your Vision Board, some bright coloured pens and of course the Board itself. I always use a board that is thick enough to stand up on its own and it big enough to capture all of my dreams on it.
Keep your vision board in a place where you will see if several times a day and as you are passing it stop and ask yourself
“Am I on track with the future of my desires?” and
“What action can I be taking on a daily basis to keep moving forward with confidence in the direction of my dreams?”
When you look at your goal, your words and the image you have chosen to represent your goal imagine that you have already achieved it. You need to emulate those feelings of “having it now” in your body – allow yourself to actually feel the success pumping through your veins – feel it now !
You need to take action in pursuit of your goal. If for example your dream is to buy a Motorhome to explore Europe in over the coming years then you have to actually start to shop for your perfect motorhome. Even though you might not have the money now or any idea where you will get the money from to buy it you need to ACT AS IF you are in the market to buy one. You see its not for us to figure out the HOW’s – that is the job of the Universe. We just need to ASK and BELIEVE that achieving the goal is possible. Go test-drive a few models – figure out what layout will best suit your needs. Research the places you will go and explore, where will you stay? Caravan parks, free camping, what are the other options? What festivals and events will you go to now you have a home on wheels. Tell your family and friends of your desire to buy a motorhome – in fact tell anyone who will listen to you! The most you step out of having a dream into reality of actually getting inside one and talking about it the faster you will manifest it to you.
There are 3 main roles for you in all of this willing your dreams to you malarkey!
- You have to BELIEVE that your goal/dream is going to come true (I mean REALLY BELIEVE).
- You have to TAKE ACTION in pursuit of this dream. (make some quiet time for yourself every day to hear the messages the universe will pass onto you – little ideas on what you need to do to make it happen – these are also called “inspired thoughts”)
- You have to FEEL GOOD as feeling good means you are on track with the future of your desires. If you start to feel any negative emotions (fear, resentfulness, depression, sadness, anxiety, boredom etc) then you need to become AWARE that you are feeling bad and CHANGE IT. Switch the dial, tune into another frequency, block the negative feeling and REPLACE it with a positive one (happiness, love, joy, gratitude) and put yourself back on track.
“It’s not that easy to do that” I hear you say – well please try it. The next time you are feeling bad put on your favourite piece of music – the one that has you rocking in the car or singing into your hairbrush, go for a walk in nature, hug a loved one or a pet, look at a photograph of a really happy time in your life, remember a place you went to on holiday which you absolutely loved….there are many strategies you can use to make yourself feel better and in doing so you put yourself back on track with the future of your desires.
So I hope I have given you enough information and inspiration to make you want to create your own Vision Board for 2015. If you need any more help or would like to come to one of my “Dare to Dream Vision Boarding Workshops” then please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle of Friends Vision Board
Here’s to 2015 being the best year in your life yet